Hello. My name is Anna, and I’m a Leeds based freelance web designer with over 15+ years’ experience in digital media.
I work closely with my clients to create clean, user-friendly, engaging, and responsive websites, especially for high-end niche products, and the Arts. I also help busy marketing agencies, working for bigger brands with larger budgets. Scroll down to see my featured work, or get in touch.
Web design and development
My core service is designing and building websites for small businesses.
Included as standard when I design your website
- Refining your brief into a proposal / project scope.
- Web design mockups in Photoshop or Illustrator so you can see what the site will look like before build commences. Multiple options may be explored if budget permits.
- The site is built in Wordpress, Craft CMS or Shopify so you can edit most content yourself, without having to interact with code.
- The site’s "theme" is built from scratch - this avoids code bloat and ensures that the website runs quickly.
- All websites are responsive so they work equally well on a mobile phone, tablet or desktop computer.
- Sites are written in valid html5 markup and are compatible with the most popular modern browsers.
- One to one training in using your chosen CMS either in person or over the phone.
- Help with hosting, email and domain name setup.
Some words from my clients...
“Screen Yorkshire recruited Anna for the design and build of a website for our Church Fenton Yorkshire Studios in summer 2016, to coincide with the launch of our first major drama, ITV’s Victoria. We work in a visual industry, so the aesthetic was really important to us and we were drawn to the clean, contemporary feel of Anna’s portfolio. This was a time sensitive project for a small team, and Anna interpreted the brief accurately with minimum guidance, which we really appreciated. She is easy to work with and delivered on time on a really competitive budget. We’re delighted with the results and hope to work with her again in the future.”Rachel McWatt, Screen Yorkshire.
“Anna brings artistic flair to a profession which is better known for its technical know-how than its creativity. She has not only the practical knowledge but the skill to make the website yours - beautifully. This website beautiful is carefully crafted through Anna’s own natural talents and her close contact with the client. I felt that Anna was totally in control but always concerned about my needs and my point of view. Communication was always good and Anna was happy to give both constructive criticism and useful suggestions to a client who was seeing her first website take shape. There were plenty of laughs along the rolling road too - something that can really help combat the pre-public website jitters!”Linda Blackburne, The Rolling English Company.
“Creative, practical, talented and very professional - working with Anna at Designagogo has been a pleasure. She has successfully created an excellent website for our holiday cottage… on brief, on time and on budget. Thank you!”Catherine, Storey Farm Cottage.
Digital marketing agencies
I have worked for 12 agencies in Yorkshire and London.
On brands like
- BAE Systems
- Yorkshire Gold
- British Energy
- Republic Clothing
- Hugo Boss
- Leeds Beckett University
- Morphy Richards
Doing things like
- Moodboards and mock-ups in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Wireframing in Balsamiq
- Concepts and storyboarding for display campaigns
- Animated banner builds in Flash, HTML5 and gif formats
- Building html protoypes
- Bespoke theme development and Wordpress build
- Web toolkits and style guides
- Asset creation for social media posts
- Email design and template build
- Interactive flash movies for iPad apps and games